Diary of a Schizophrenic

A madman's diary.

Monday, December 17, 2007

Page & Plant - No Quarter (Unledded) DVD

I liked the album so much that I got this. I've seen this before on MTV Europe. As I've said before, I think the Led Zep songs work better here as there's more innovative use of space and clever arrangements. Only two songs fall flat - When the Levee Breaks, bereft of Bonzo's drumming, and Black Dog, without the frenzied blues breaks (recorded for the American Music Awards). The new songs are good - Wah Wah, City Don't Cry and Trouble Explodes (not on the LP). Was Trouble Explodes on Walking into Clarksdale? Thought that the reworked Kashmir was bad last time but now having second thought. Nice aerial shots of Snowdonia, Wales as well. Could do without the mangy looking dog (Plant's pet?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home