Diary of a Schizophrenic

A madman's diary.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ramones - It's Alive

I have been rather averse to The Ramones live, ever since I got a crappy bootleg of a show in Manchester. But my fears are unfounded, this set is great. A bit peeved it's recorded in 1978, what with only five albums to their name. LOBOTOMY!

Captain Beefheart - Doc at the Radar Station

Got this mainly because I like "Hothead". On the whole, not too bad. Similar sounding to "Shiny Beast" but without the eclecticism.

ZZ Top - Rancho Texicano (Very Best of)

Superb boogie blues. A bit derivative of Chicago blues and John Lee Hooker in particular. Contains my favourite 80s power ballad - Rough Boy. "Just Got Paid" gives me a bad craving for buffalo wings.

Bob Dylan - Infidels

Considered his second-best 80s album. Got it for Mark Knopfler's playing primarily, as Slow Train Coming is GOOD! And I like this. The Sly & Robbie team might piss a lot of people off but I love over-active rhythm sections with a dub-ish feel. Fave song here - Union Sundown, as he mentions Malaysia. Yay!

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

On a Miles binge so got this. Seminal modern jazz album and has Coltrane to boot. Why didn't I get this before?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home