Diary of a Schizophrenic

A madman's diary.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Sigur Ros - Hvarf/Heim

A steal at a single disc price for two discs. Kinda hesitant about getting an all-acoustic live set since I thought their stuff worked best with a crescendo of guitars on songs such as "Hoppipola". But pleasantly surprised, anyway. Nice beefy textures and an ambient lounge jive to the acoustic songs. The new electric songs aren't as strong as on the previous "Takk", but still pretty good nonetheless.

Cypress Hill - Greatest Hits from the Bong

Just to replace my fucked cassette copy. Still disappointed it doesn't have "When the Shit Goes Down". "How I could Just Kill A Man" is still the corker it used to be, even more so after the redundant Rage Against the Machine cover. Still like the sparse minimalistic backbeats, 6 parts Public Enemy and 4 parts Ice Cube-era NWA.

Stone Roses - The Very Best Of

No real good reason to get this, other than the songs here are sporadically spread out across my cassettes. Only has one song I don't have - Begging You. Brings back memories of my second trip to Singapore, my Welsh gf (Ten Storey Love Song) and addiction to the Madchester sound of "One Love".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home