Diary of a Schizophrenic

A madman's diary.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Rambo 4 - John Rambo

I dunno what to comment on this. All I can say is that it's about as essential as cartoons printed on toilet paper. To divert your attention that Sly's an old man now, all the killings are done in an extreme splatter glee usually reserved for "horror" movies. And just what is the message here? The Christian way is useless? Might is right? Mow all injustices down with firepower?
Glad however to see our censors were so lenient with this one - only a disembowellment scene is cut. Then again, to take out all the gruesome bits would have cut the movie down to half its length.

On the whole, though, I enjoyed this. The battles are done vividly and brutally and recalls Hamburger Hill (a Viet War movie I liked) and of course, the intro of "Saving Private Ryan". When the climactic battle ended, I was hoping for more. I have to say I liked all the Rambo movies and this one is no exception. Pretty good piece of farce to escape from the dreariness of ordinary life, even if the subject is no laughing matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home