Diary of a Schizophrenic

A madman's diary.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Black Swan - I like it and all but feels it is overrated. Basically a grandiose reworking of the themes in the French The Piano Teacher, which was explored better there anyway, but it does have its share of good ideas. I suppose the concept of duality is analysed pretty well here but there's not that much here to separate it from most of the crazy people movies out there.

A Hard Day's Night (rewatch) - my fave of the Fab 4 movies and also a portend of things to come - Ringo was the first to quit the group after all and there are signs of John's darker personality. And personally, I find Paul's granddad more irritating and annoying than "funny".

True Grit (original) - can't help feeling this is nothing more than a John Wayne vehicle but what really drives the movie is the girl. I would like it more if it was structured like a comedy as in the first quarter (but I guess that what's the Coen Brothers did with it). Anyhows, a really rip-roaring finish to it as befits a true Western. I like it. Can't wait to watch the remake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home