Diary of a Schizophrenic

A madman's diary.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Cat People (1983)

One movie I forgot to list in my watched DVD list. This one is just a crappy version of the werewolf story, with people turning into leopards after having sex. Uninspiring and some scenes are just too fucken lame to be taken seriously - such as Malcolm McDowell jumping onto the ledge of the bed and growling while Natassja Kinski is sleeping. I like Paul Schrader's movies overall, his Patty Hearst Story is quite watchable but this one...... I dunno. The flesh is cool and I do get a perverse enjoyment out of watching Superman's Mom strip to her panties (Annette O'Toole is one of the bit actors here) but that's about it, really. The David Bowie song is nice but then again, I'm partial to the Let's Dance album.

And oh yeah, the Val Lewton original ought to be good, although I've only watched "White Zombie".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home