Diary of a Schizophrenic

A madman's diary.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Got Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band's "Shiny Beast (Bat Chain Puller)" and "Strictly Personal" upon pugeye's (he's the guy converse with me regularly on a music review BBS) recommendations. Both not bad at all. Eugene (my cuz) downloaded Cap's Trout Mask Replica for me. Also asked him to d/l Residents, Can and the Polysics (all pugeye's recommendations). Ought to be getting them in a few weeks' time. So it ought to be a Cap, Krautrock, J-Pop, Zolo (Residents belong to this genre) fest.

Bought some Nike trainers today. Also got Johnny Cash's American Recordings IV and V. Nice stark arrangements. Pretty strange to find Elvis' "Run On" (a gospel song) being called "God's Gonna Cut You Down" here (probably its original title).

Reheard the Ventures again. Astounding. I subconsciously rip off Nokie Edwards' playing cos my dad played them a lot when I was an itty-bitty baby.

Also getting an MP3 player for all the transit time on the local Tube/subway/LRT. Can't decide between Creative or IPod.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home